From: "Carmen D." <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Civil War Pensions
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 09:51:29 -0500

Your doubts are unwarranted. General Grant took great pains to make the
surrender terms as generous as possible for the Confederate Soldiers.

If you are still in doubt about the confederate pensions (not who provided
them) but if there were any, you only need to Google-Confederate Civil War
Pensions. The first hit gives a state by state listing of where to obtain
information.

Carmen-Pittsburgh