From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] McIntyre
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 02:16:37 -0600

Diane,

I couldn't find an obit for an Ellen McIntyre in the Chicago Tribune.
I also could not find her in the Illinois death index. There were no
McIntyres recorded in 1929 in the Illinois Death Index.
(there are records known to be missing from that index, however.)

There was an Ellen McIntyre living in 1910 at the St Joseph's Home on
May St. Born Ireland, emigrated 185?
I think there is a mistake in the computerized index, they have
recorded her age as 40. It's hard to read on the original sheet,
could be 50, could be 80.

In the 1920 census there was an Ellen born Canada emigrated
1885.,living with her husband James.
Also in 1920 an Ellen b Ireland @1881, emigrated @ 1908 living with
her husband Thomas, a motorman.

Can you tell us more about Ellen, what do you know about her? Where
did you get the 1929 death date from?

Nan