Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Tobias Burke
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 08:06:40 -0500

> I have John Mason & Mary nee Bourke/Burke living at 516 Root St. in Chicago 1900 census. At the same location are Tobias and William Bourke/Burke. Could these be related to you? I believe John and Mary were from Co. Clare Ireland.

Although the name has been misspelled BOURKE, it has always been BURKE;
my Grandmother would only say her family was from Cork, city or county,
I don't know.

Tobias M. BURKE was born 1860, Ireland (Tobias BURKE & Mary MORAN)
1864 the family is in Oshkosh, Wisconsin
1877 he married Ellenora LEQUE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
1881 he has a son, Tobias F. BURKE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
1882 Tobias M. has moved to Chicago
1887 naturalized in the Superior Court, Cook County
1890 he is a sponsor at his nephew, Edward Timothy BURKE, St. Mel's
Catholic Church, Chicago
1892 his voter registration has him living at 241 - 46th Ct, Chicago
(his sister, Ellen BURKE DUSHANE, died 1894 living at 65 - 40th Pl, Chicago)
(his brother, Timothy BURKE, lived 1900 2322 Fulton, Chicago, married
Luretta "Retta" DEXTER 1890 St. Mel's)
(his sister, Mary BURKE HODGINS, lived 1900 0 1942 in Des Plaines, Chicago)
(his brother, John, may have been in Chicago circa 1900 but I know
little about him)

This thread: