From: Bonnie <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] [COOK-CO-IL] Civil War Pensions
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 17:02:51 -0600

My greatgrandfather died and his widow was then eligible for his
pension. I got his records from NARA, and found a wealth of
information. I was never able to determine when they had married, but
because the widow had to submit affidavits and proof of the marriage I
finally got their marriage date. It was around $34 to get the file, but
to me it was well worth it. I dont know if the pension would go beyond
the widow, unless there were minor children.
Bonnie

--

Jo Daviess Co, IL RAOGK Volunteer www.raogk.org
Find A Grave County Keeper www.findagrave.com