From: "Pauline Mundt" <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Kate Leonard
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:05:36 +0000

Hello Nan,
Yes this is the same Kate. Please tell me that you are also looking for this
family. I would be so excited. Kate and Annie are the sisters of my
grandfather Hugh LEONARD. I have never been able to find anything on him so
I am hoping that I may get a clue from his siblings. I understand that Annie
supposedly had a son in NY. There has been no contact between the Irish part
of the family and the American part of the family since the early 1900's. I
did find one of the siblings (Mary) 2 daughters in Chicago and if you recall
me mentioning it months ago one wasn't interested and the other hung up on
me.
As far as I know Kate was in Chicago as her SSDI says Last Residence-
Chicago, Cook County.
Doura is a misspelling as it should be DOWRA.
The townland was Cashelbane and sometimes called Cashelbawn. It was in
Killinagh, Tullyhaw, Co. Cavan.
I look forward to hearing form you as I know that I have relative in the US
somewhere but since my grandfather returned to Ireland and there has been no
contact I am having a very difficult time finding any. I hope they aren't
like all the Chicago sisters or I may not want to find any.
Ta
Pauline Leonard

>Was your Kate the Kate Leonard who arrived in NY and went to her
>sister Annie Leonard on Aldelpha St in NY on Oct 1, 1920?
>Age 16, a domestic, There was another sister back in Ireland Mrs
>McGuire in Doura (Cashelbawn)?
>Was that the Doura in Co Cavan?
>
>Do you know for certain that she did come to Chicago?

This thread: