From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Margaret Shanahan 1889
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 19:37:56 -0600

Ellen, I use the Chicago Public Library from my home to access Proquest.
(you need a library card number and a zipcode)

This is what I do:
http://www.chipublib.org/
click on "FIND IT"
that takes you to: http://piscator2.chipublib.org/cpl_search/
cplfindit.asp
click on ADVANCED tab
scroll down to "Chicago Tribune HIstorical Archive"
click on "go directly to Chicago Tribune Historical Archive"

(No matter now you acces ProQuest, procedure should be the same from
hereon:)

this takes you to the ProQuest page:
Make sure you are in Advanced (tab)
enter as many field searches with your choice of AND or OR etc
I use "Citation and document" (drop down box on right) for a more
complete search.

"New- The Historical Chicago Tribune" should be preset in the
DATABASE box

Date Range:enter what is appropriate for your search

scroll down to "More search Options"
under "Document type" click on arrow to pick document type, MARRIAGE
will be one of the options offered.

in "Results per page" I always enter select "30"
Click "Search". (that's a few lines above"

Nan