From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago Daily News
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 14:03:06 -0800 (PST)

Margaret,

Harold Washington Library does interlibrary loans. Another Irish newspaper obit site for the southside is Oak Lawn Library.....................

http://www.lib.oak-lawn.il.us/olpl/Obits/obits.htm

Good Luck!

Judie Mason

wrote:
Thanks, Judy, for the information on where to find the Chicago Daily News --
living near Wis., it is quite a trip to the Harold Washington Library to use
their microfilm. Also, one needs to know the death dates to find obituaries
quickly if no index is available. I hope ProQuest decides to digitize and
index the Daily News soon!

I have used the online ProQuest Chicago Tribune Historical database from
home via my library and have found the names of descendants of the siblings of
ancestors who would not otherwise be available from public records (too
recent). Unfortunately, the South Side Irish did not always use the Tribune for
notices.

Margaret