From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago Daily News Obits?
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 15:01:49 -0800 (PST)

The entire newspaper is on microfilm at the Harold Washington Library on State St.
There is no index that I know of. The Chicago Tribune is also on microfilm and I believe the library also has the Pro Quest version of the Tribune. This program has a search engine.

Judie Mason
Chicago

wrote:
Someone mentioned the availability of Chicago Daily News obits via the
Chicago Public Library -- are these online or only on microfiche at the Harold
Washington site?

Thanks for any information regarding the availability of these and indexes
to make finding them easier.

Margaret