From: "Kathleen M. Klimek" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Rose and Alice McCurley
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 08:44:01 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

The mc may have been left off by census takers also. I know in the case of the O'Leary's (The chicago fire's O'Leary's ...) They are listed in the census as Leary.
I have found many census taker errors over the years. My grandma is listed as gertrude when her name was really Geraldine, mispellings, etc.

Good luck.

Kathleen