From: "Marilyn Shanahan" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Rose & Alice McCurley
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:08:04 -0600

Hi Andrew:
Looking thru the Chicago archives (I live here) I find that there are no
McCurley's living here in the timeframe that you suggest. But, since I am
familiar with many Curley's, I thought that the girls may have just left the
Mc off their name for easier spelling. If so, there is an item for a Rose
Curley marrying a John Clifford in Cook County Chicago on 10/14/1896.
Following this lead, there is a 1900 census report as follows, and then two
Rose Cliffords who died, one in 1905 and one in 1909.
Maybe this would be the lead you are looking for. Good luck.
Marilyn
1900 United States Federal Census
about Rose Clifford
Name: Rose Clifford
Home in 1900: Chicago Ward 6, Cook, Illinois
Age: 29
Estimated birth year: abt 1871
Birthplace: Ireland
Relationship to head-of-house: Wife
Spouse's name: John
Race: White
Occupation: View image
Immigration year: 1884

Household Members: Name Age
John Clifford 30
Rose Clifford 29
Mary Clifford 11
Joseph Clifford 7
James Clifford 2
Ellen Clifford 7.12

CLIFFORD ROSE F/W UNK 6016562 1930-06-09 COOK
CHICAGO 30-06-09
CLIFFORD ROSE A F/W UNK 6003701 1935-02-05 COOK
CHICAGO 35-02-06