From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Death Notices in Daily News/Chicago Tribune
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 05:26:34 -0800 (PST)

Karen,

The Harold Washington and Newberry Libraries here in Chicago have both the Tribune and Daily News. The Arlington Heights Library has the Tribune.

Judie Mason
Chicago

wrote:
I have found some bills that listed both the Daily News & Chicago Tribune
as the papers where the obituaries were placed. Am asking for help again with
this new information & how/where do I find old Chicago Daily News records?

Looking for death notices for:

Irene Sullivan died 30 Apr 1931 - was supposed to be in the Daily News on
4/30/31 & 5/1/31 & in the Chicago Tribune on 5/1/31.

Marguerite Sullivan died 16 Aug 1950 - was supposed to be in the Chicago
Daily Tribune

Catherine Connell did 13 Mar 1931 - was supposed to be in the Daily News
probably 3/14 or 15/1931. The bill for the death notice was received 3/16/31.

Karen J Richman
(mailto:)