Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Tombstone Readings From Chicago Cemeteries
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 11:50:18 -0500

No, I won't need the picture but maybe someone else on the list will. In my searches, I have find most ages have been off by 10 years.

I was searching census reports when I was also checking email. I did a quick search and found the Reardon family on a Chicago 1900 census (W.Huron St). You had the word Providence in your email and I thought Providence RI and thought maybe there was a tie in.

Perhaps we are putting someone else's puzzle together. But as anyone is searching Reardon's, here is the Census info that just might go with that photo in case anyone is looking:
Thomas Born July 1860
Wife Mary Dec 1859
Dau Jennie Nov 1879
Dau Mary Oct 1882
Son Thomas July 1886
Son John May 1887

All are listed as born in Rhode Island except for the youngest, John. He is listed as born in Illinois.

Happy searching!!
Kathy

Sent: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 9:04 AM

No, he was born in 1854 in Ireland, but I wouldn't rule out the one you
speak of. I have him in Ireland at his mothers deathbed in 1877 and a
witness to his brother Edmond's marriage in E. Providence, Rhode Island in
1885. His brother Jeremiah lived in Providence and his brother John lived in
Pawtucket, R.I.

So he could have fibbed about his age when marrying (his brother did) and he
may have considered himself from Rhode Island since that was his first stop
on the way to the Chicago area.

At his point I have to consider all possibilities. I do have a family photo
of Thomas, his wife and two young daughters from a Chicago area studio. I
could send it to you if you like.

Carmen-Pittsburgh