IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-L Archives

Archiver > IRISH-IN-CHICAGO > 2006-12 > 1165078218

From:
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Tombstone Readings From Chicago Cemeteries
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 11:50:18 -0500
References: <c0d.91675ca.32831e20@aol.com> <ED489159-2F18-4E1C-BFAD-0B5099834C59@mindspring.com> <004301c7161a$fe447ad0$6400a8c0@CARMEN> <8C8E435B55308F5-1F4-F7B4@FWM-D16.sysops.aol.com><000701c71623$328c9950$6400a8c0@CARMEN>
In-Reply-To: <000701c71623$328c9950$6400a8c0@CARMEN>

No, I won't need the picture but maybe someone else on the list will. In my searches, I have find most ages have been off by 10 years.

I was searching census reports when I was also checking email. I did a quick search and found the Reardon family on a Chicago 1900 census (W.Huron St). You had the word Providence in your email and I thought Providence RI and thought maybe there was a tie in.

Perhaps we are putting someone else's puzzle together. But as anyone is searching Reardon's, here is the Census info that just might go with that photo in case anyone is looking:
Thomas Born July 1860
Wife Mary Dec 1859
Dau Jennie Nov 1879
Dau Mary Oct 1882
Son Thomas July 1886
Son John May 1887

All are listed as born in Rhode Island except for the youngest, John. He is listed as born in Illinois.

Happy searching!!
Kathy

From:
Sent: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Tombstone Readings From Chicago Cemeteries

No, he was born in 1854 in Ireland, but I wouldn't rule out the one you
speak of. I have him in Ireland at his mothers deathbed in 1877 and a
witness to his brother Edmond's marriage in E. Providence, Rhode Island in
1885. His brother Jeremiah lived in Providence and his brother John lived in
Pawtucket, R.I.

So he could have fibbed about his age when marrying (his brother did) and he
may have considered himself from Rhode Island since that was his first stop
on the way to the Chicago area.

At his point I have to consider all possibilities. I do have a family photo
of Thomas, his wife and two young daughters from a Chicago area studio. I
could send it to you if you like.

Carmen-Pittsburgh
From: <>
Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2006 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Tombstone Readings From Chicago Cemeteries

> Is your Thomas born July 1860 in Rode Island?
> -----Original Message-----
> From:
> Sent: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 8:05 AM
> Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Tombstone Readings From Chicago Cemeteries
> Nan, I'm still not having any luck with Thomas Reardon from Tipperary.
> Without knowing his wife's name every Thomas I've tracked down has been a
> dead end.
> Would obituaries help? Something that would mention Tipperary or his
> parents
> Johanna (Breen) & Edmond (Edmund) and maybe siblings listed in the obit
> (John, Jeremiah (Providence), Edmond, Mary & Johanna.
> Carmen-Pittsburgh
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Nan Brennan" <>
> To: <>
> Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 2:02 PM
> Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Tombstone Readings From Chicago Cemeteries
>> What a great idea Kathleen, thanks.
>> On Nov 8, 2006, at 5:48 AM, wrote:
>>> Nan's obit postings gave me this idea. I have taken numerous
>>> digital photos
>>> over the past few years and will post readings of the stones for
>>> the list. If
>>> anyone wants the actual photo, I will email it as an attachment off-
>>> list. I
>>> may have posted these on the Ryan, Co. Clare, Co. Tipperary, Co.
>>> Limerick
>>> lists a few years back.
>>>
>>> Kathleen Richmond
>>> Oak Forest IL
>>> Chicago Irish surnames: FitzGibbon, Ryan, Dooling, Fish, Shine
>>>
>>> -------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to IRISH-IN-
>>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without
>>> the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>> -------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without
>> the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body
> of
> the message
> ________________________________________________________________________
> Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security
> tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web,
> free AOL Mail and more.
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> with the word 'unsubscribe' without
> the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of
the message
________________________________________________________________________
Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.