From: "Carmen D." <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Tombstone Readings From Chicago Cemeteries
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 10:04:42 -0500

No, he was born in 1854 in Ireland, but I wouldn't rule out the one you
speak of. I have him in Ireland at his mothers deathbed in 1877 and a
witness to his brother Edmond's marriage in E. Providence, Rhode Island in
1885. His brother Jeremiah lived in Providence and his brother John lived in
Pawtucket, R.I.

So he could have fibbed about his age when marrying (his brother did) and he
may have considered himself from Rhode Island since that was his first stop
on the way to the Chicago area.

At his point I have to consider all possibilities. I do have a family photo
of Thomas, his wife and two young daughters from a Chicago area studio. I
could send it to you if you like.

Carmen-Pittsburgh