From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Brady Connection
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:42:47 -0600

Hi Bill,

I May have found Thomas.

Thomas Brady, age 29, born Ireland abt 1871 (bDec 1870)
Immigration: 1888
Ward 32:Dist 1009 (18th Pct)
address:4245 Grand Blvd. Lives alone
occupation:Coachman

Ward boundaries: Dist 1009 Forthy-second, Vincennes ave, forth-third
& St Lawrence ave; Forty-Fourth, Grand Blvd.

Searching born Ireland emigrated 1888, I found this:

John and Delia Kelly at 3029 Quinn Ave,
There is a Patrick Walsh, boarder living with them.

6th Wd 8th Pct Dist 146
Dist Boundaries City of Chicago, Sixth Ward; 9th Precinct,
Bounded by Archer Ave., Quinn & Twenty-ninth, Halsted, Thirty-first,
Throop, Blocks numbered.

This Delia is age 27 born Ireland June 1872, EMIGRATED 1888.
married 9 yrs so about 1891-1892
Children all born Illinois: Anne 1893, Mamie 1894, Michael J. 1895,
Agnes 1899
John Kelly emigrated from Ireland in 1886. He was a day laborer.

There is no John Kelly married to a Bridget or Delia Brady in the
Illinois Marriage index, however
in 1892 (Oct 26, 1892) there is a John Kelly married toDelia Baggot.
Could this be an error in her last name?
There are no other John Kelly marriages to a Delia Anybody or Bridget
Anybody and the right or close year.

What do you think?

I checked all of the other Delias and Bridgets b 1873-1877 in the
1900 Chicago census and emigrated in 1888 and this is the only one
that comes up with any matches.

Nan