From: <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Brady Connection
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:59:51 -0600

Listers,

I just receieved the church record of my great grandparents - William Walsh and Maggie Brady - 14 April 1895. The witnesses are John J. Meehan and Delia Brady.

A passenger list from the SS Britannic 21 September 1888 shows a family of Bradys - no father is listed. Listed are: Mary Brady (wife - 46), Patrick Brady (farmer - 26), Kate Brady (22), Maggie Brady (16), Bridget Brady (13), Thomas Brady (10), and Annie Brady (8).

Since Delia is a nickname for Bridget, this could be the family. However, I am stimied by the fact that the 1890 census does not exist. In 1900, Maggie is married to William and in that census. Are there any records that I could access to find this family? Can some kind sould access the 1900 census and see if these other people are in Chicago? Witnesses are not always a couple, but sometimes they are. Mr. Meehan may have ended up with Delia. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill Karr in Peoria, IL., USA

This thread: