Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:45:04 -0500

Dear Lister,

I have a photograph of my g-g-grandfather, Alexander McClelland, taken by Mosher. On the back of the portrait is printed that it was taken for C.D. Mosher's "historical collection of Memorial Portraits of prominenet men and women, for the Second Centennial, 1976." It continues to say that "...when the collection is complete they are to be classified and deeded, with memoirs and valuable statistics, to Chicago, and preserved with the city archives in a memorial safe in the great vaults of the Court House..." In 1975 I was told by the Reference Librarian from the Municipal Reference Library at City Hall that these photographs were housed at the Chicago Historical Society. When I contacted them, I was told that there was no biographical information on thise photos. Do any of you know anything about this collection? Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

Alice McClelland Roche