From: Sharon Coryell <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Catholic Church for 924 Castlewood Terrace
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:53:34 -0800 (PST)

Thank you, Nan, I thought it would be St. Mary of the Lake. I looked up all the parishes on the website, and that appeared the closest, and was open when my family was living there.

I am trying to track down the marriage records for my ggaunt Margaret C. Kelly who married a Bagley. She was living with her mother, Waldburga Kelly, and her brothers on West Castelwood in the 1910 census, and I know she was married by 1916. The family was originally from Pittsburgh and most moved back there, but I know Margaret stayed in Chicago, as my mother lived with her from about 1939 through the war. I've checked the Pittsburgh Diocese, and they have no record of her marriage, so I think that she probably got married in Chicago.

I'll order the microfilm from FHL.

Again, thanks for the help.

Sharon in CA

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
Sharon,

St Mary of the Lake would be the closest to 924 West Castlewood.
About 6 blocks or less distance.
It opened it 1901. LDS has baptisms and marriages and confirmations
from abt 1901 to 1915-16.
film no. FHL US/CAN Film 1578589 Items 11-13

The Parish is still open and has a website: http://
www.smolchicago.com/ with a nice history of the parish.

Who are you researching, Sharon?

Nan