Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Names
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 06:55:31 -0500

Mary BURKE HODGINS, Des Plaines IL, was called 'Mame'. Her niece and my
grandmother, Mary Ellen DUSHANE, was called 'Mamie' by her sisters.

In my mother-in-law's Scots-Irish family of ROBSON all of them went by
their middle names.

In the WARD family, with it's plethora of James, William, Michael, they
tended to go with "Tom's Jim" or other designations. When I am asked
about one of the family I always say I can't know for sure which one it
is until I'm looking at my computer or a printout.

Kelly Ward
Schoolcraft, Michigan

This thread: