From: "Kathleen M. Klimek" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Cross Reference
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:51:10 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

My 1st gen. Irish descent, grandfather was called by his middle name his entire life. He was christened Daniel Thomas, yet was called "Tom". He did not even know that until he went to get medicare or something and they couldn't find his records under Thomas. I think that was common to be called by a middle name.

Also, I have a relative in my records whose name I know was Catherine, yet she is named in several other places as Kittie. And my one relative is Bridget and Delia alternately, depending on the source.

K.M.