From: "Thomas Fortin" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Cross Reference
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:33:37 -0600

A good place to start is
http://allaboutirish.com/library/gen/namingpatterns.shtm
but many nicknames (Delia for Bridget) (Peggy for Margaret) will throw you
off. On the Irish side of my family, some of the girls were addressed by
their middle names.
My great grandmother was call Delia for so long that when she was burried,
she was burried as Delia, not Bridget.
Regards
Thomas (Irish = Goode and Taylor) Sutfin-Fortin