From: "dorothy derecourt" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] McKeown
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 12:55:05 +1300

Hi Kelly

Thanks for your email. I have now been advised of the parents of this
Samuel McKeown are not the ones that I'm after. The parents of this
Samuel is James McKeown and Catherine Gault which is a different
mother to mine (I'm after were James McKeown and Mary McVeigh (McVay)
who were married in Belfast in 1869., their children being Samuel (b.
abt 1874) , David (b. abt 1872) and Houston (Huston) McKeown (b. abt
1871) born Ballynure, Antrim, Northern ireland - I am interested in
this line because I think that James and my David McKeown (b. 1857
Ballyclare) were brothers - their parents being James McKeon (McKeown)
and Sarah Houston (married in 1845).

It's such a shame it doesn't match as several other clues matched, but
the definite decider is that Samuel's mother listed on his military
draft are different to mine and so are some of the birth years of his
siblings.

Thank you anyway for your kind offer of help.

Kind Regards
Dorothy Derecourt