From: "dorothy derecourt" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] McKeown
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 19:02:45 +1300

Hi Nan

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

What I am trying to find out is if this Samuel is the son of James
McKeown and Mary (nee McVeigh) as I think these McKeown's are
connected to mine, so want to investigate them more. Unfortunately,
the d.o.b. Samuel gives when registering on the Military draft is
different to the one I have for him, which is 25 July 1874.

Why I thought this was the Samuel I am after is, (for very loose
reasons) mine also has a brother David (with about the same age
difference). There are Samuel has twins, and the family names such as
James, William, are the same as in mine.

I would still like to find more out about these Michigan McKeowns and
would like to try and link up with other's researching them.

My main line of McKeowns are James W. Mckeon(McKeown) married Sarah
Houston in 1845, Balycor/Rashee Parish (areas around Ballyclare,
Ballynure) Antrim, Northern Island. David McKeown, their son, b.
1857 immigrated to N.Z. in the late 1870's, from which we are
descended from.

I think James b.abt 1846 (who married Mary McVeigh) may be another son
of James and Sarah's. James and Mary's other son was Houston McKeown
b. 8 Jan 1871 in Ballynure.

Sorry this is so long and involved, but I am not good at giving brief
explanations. Ultimately, I want to find what other siblings our
David b. 1857 had, and correspond with other McKeown descendant
researchers.

Kind Regards and thanks again for your information.

Dorothy Derecourt