Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago Flanigans
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:58:10 EDT

wrote:
I too am interested about the "Chicago Citizen" for my Flanagan/Flanigan
ancestors from County Monaghan settled in Chicago. GGGG grandfather was
Patrick
Flanigan, his son was Francis M. B. Ireland and then there was my G G
grandfather John J. Flanigan (b. N.Y) they lived and died in Chicago. I do
not know
who Patrick was married to, only what Calvary Cemetery in Chicago had on
him. That was date of death, and that he was from County Monaghan, Ireland.
Thank you so much...Pat

Also have FLANIGAN family in Chicago but very little information about them.
My husband's grandmother was Anna Flanagan/Flanigan (married Charlies
CALLANAN) and she had sister Delia who married an August or Augustus SCHIKORA
(they had one son I know of named Frederick). I suspect we're not related as the
birthplace of Anna on my father-in-law's birth cert states that both parents
are from County Clare -- but such info has proven inaccurate in the past, so
thought it might be worth inquiring -- or hoped you might have found info on
Flanigan families in Chicago that could provide a lead.

By the way, can anyone on this list identify the origin of SCHIKORA -- is it
Polish, Hungarian, what? Any sites for that/those nationalities that would
be helpful to search for that name?

Beth Callanan
Wash, DC

This thread: