From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago Citizen
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 20:15:57 -0700 (PDT)

The former Chicago Historical Society, now the Chicago History Museum (opened 10/1) had some Citizen newspapers on film. The only complete copy is suppose to be at a College/University somewhere on the s/w side of Chicago, possibly near Midway Airport. I've heard it's $25.00 to view one or two films........pretty expensive!

Judie Mason
Chicago

wrote:
I too am interested about the "Chicago Citizen" for my Flanagan/Flanigan
ancestors from County Monaghan settled in Chicago. GGGG grandfather was Patrick
Flanigan, his son was Francis M. B. Ireland and then there was my G G
grandfather John J. Flanigan (b. N.Y) they lived and died in Chicago. I do not know
who Patrick was married to, only what Calvary Cemetery in Chicago had on
him. That was date of death, and that he was from County Monaghan, Ireland.
Thank you so much...Pat