Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] List of Chicago Irishmen in Mulligan'sBrigade, Company "B"
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:37:36 +0000

Sharon,

I found your James listed with the 89th Illinois Inf. in the aforementioned database. He was not however attached to any company. I had to search for him using just last name field. Type only the first three letters because of the many variations of spelling. Try "KAV" or "CAV" and you will see what I mean...

Here is your info. unfortunately it didn't give his county of birth in Ireland.

James Kavanaugh
Private, 89th Illinois Infantry

Residence: Chicago, Cook Co., IL
age: 31
Ht. 5 ' 6"
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Complexion: Fair
Marital status: n/a
Occupation: cooper
Nativity: Ireland

Remarks: "rejected and discharged 11/20/1863."

From: "Sharon Kavanagh" <>