Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Co. Mayo representation in Chicago
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 07:33:47 EDT

Tom Cook wrote: "Co. Clare immigrants, the fourth largest county group in the
city, were concentrated primarily in three parishes--Annunciation (29%),
Sacred Heart (27%) and St. Bridget's (24%). Here fully one third of the total
Clare population lived, representing, the north, west, and southsides
respectively. Of Co. Clare districts, the greatest emigration was observed from the
districts of Carrigaholt, and Kilrush."

My Kilrush, County Clare, FitzGibbon ancestors were in the Sacred Heart and
St. Bridget's parishes. The records of closed parishes are at the archives of
the Catholic Archdiocese. Have any of the listers made a visit there to
research? I'm wondering what it's like, and what records are available there.

Also, Tom Cook -- you don't have Nativity Church in Bridgeport mentioned in
your County origins? My elusive County Tipperary Ryan ancestors settled in
that parish in 1875.

Kathleen Richmond

This thread: