Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Co. Mayo representation in Chicago
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 22:42:48 EDT

Thank you for sharing this bit of history, Tom.

My father's paternal aunt, Honor (Nora) Hopkins Fahey, married in Crimlin
Chapel (Turlough Civil Parish in Mayo) a widower from Chicago, John Fahey. He
had brought home to Mayo, his wife Bridget O'Donnell Fahey, so she could die at
home in Ireland. I think John hired my great aunt to take care of the very
ill wife. I believe that's how my great aunt met John Fahey. John was from
Turlough and his first wife was from Islandeady.

John and Honor's first child, John, was baptized at Holy Name Cathedral in
1900.

I do find it interesting that the paternal relatives of Mayor John P.
Hopkins were from Mayo. Maybe he was a relative. There were a lot of Hopkinses in
Turlough Civil Parish in particular on Crimlin and Derrylahan townlands.

Nora Hopkins FitzGerald
Searching for Fahey/Hogan/Keane/Hopkins in Chicago from Mayo

In a message dated 9/7/2006 4:57:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,