Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Limerick influence in Chicago
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 05:20:03 +0000

It was a fore-runner to The New World, which was the official archdiocesan newspaper of Chicago that began in 1892. The New World is a good source for Irish-American obituaries and bric brac. I imagine the Archdiocesan Archives would have a good run, also Notre Dame University Library and Archives, and the Illinois State Historical Library, among others.

The Western Catholic I've only seen a couple of early copies. Don't know if it is widely available or not.

--Tom

From: "Margaret Lloyd" <>