From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] finding Catholic Parishes
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 17:21:40 -0500

Kelly,

I'm not sure what parish it would be but likely one of these:
St Bride, Our Lady of Peace, St Dorothy.

Other Irish Chicago LIsters, your input here would be great!

There is a wonderful resource that cousin Beth Walsh cued me to and I
forget to use it:

the web page is from Searching the Chicago Catholic Parish Database
in One Step
which is part of Daniel Niemiec'st Italian American Chicago genealogy
site.
You key in the street co-ordinates and a list of parishes come up.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~itappcnc/cathsearch.htm

This is a terrific website no matter what ethnic group you are
researching.
Extremely helpful information on Chicago Churches, Cemeteries,
Streets and many more links.
It even takes you from parish to the LDS library film number.

Make sure you go to the home page and see all the possibilites.http://
www.rootsweb.com/~itappcnc/

And many many thanks to Daniel Niemiec and the others who have
developed and maintained this site.

Nan