From: "" <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] FLEMING/WALSH
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:19:17 -0400 (EDT)

Seeking info on my ggrandfather, John Fleming. According to census and death certificate, he came to USA in 1850 (he was 1-2 years old). First time I find John Fleming is in the 1880 Census in Chicago on south side. His wife was Mary (Butler) from County Limerick. Ireland. Three children: Henry, Maggie and William . Subsequent children were George and John. William is my grandfather and he married Sarah Walsh in Chicago. A family story is that Mary was related to a Catholic Bishop. I found a George Butler who was Bishop of Limerick but haven't been able to tie any of the ends together. His (Johns) father was James Fleming (Limerick County), mother was ? Daly also from Limerick. Is this familiar to anyone?? Thank you list.Sally