Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] BURKE, DEXTER, GALLAGHER
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 15:41:58 -0400

Nan, Thank you for replying.

I have the 1900 Chicago data (although my notes say the street is
"Fulton")& the 1910 Wisconsin data.

I just heard today from the Marathon WI Rootsweb mail list that
"Lorretta BURKE" is buried in the Marathon WI cemetery, date of death 9
April 1909. So that explains Timothy BURKE's widower state in 1910.

They were married 26 August 1890 at St. Mel's Catholic Church and that
record is on LDS film. their son, Edward Timothy's baptism is also on
St. Mel's records.

What do you make of the 1930 census entry I posted:
> In the 1930 Census Ill>Cook>Chicago - City 8th Ward, Block 290
> 7739 S. Eberhart Ave. The house is still standing according to the City
> Assessor's web site.
> Two listed people:
> BURKE, James J., Son, 2/12 months, self & parents b. Illinois
> GALLAGHER, Ellen, Mother-in-Law, 65, Wd., self & parents b. Ireland,
> Immigrated 1883, No Occupation
What explanation could there be??
Kelly

> Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 01:04:39 -0500
> From: Nan Brennan <>
> Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] BURKE, GALLAGHER, DEXTER
> Cc: IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-L <>
>
> Kelly,
>
> Did you have this earlier info
>
> The 1900 census had a Timothy and Euretta Burke living at 2322
> Fullerton St in Chicago.
> (West Town Cook County, Chicago Ward 28, District 848)
> Euretta is not a common name, so this is probably your family.
>
> They were married ten years and had three children, three living.
>
> Edward T. born Oct 1890
> Lula I. born Feb 1892
> Clarence L. born Aug 1899
>
> Timothy was a Painter Foreman, emigrated to the US abt 1864.
>
> I don't see this couple in the Illinois Marriage Index but take a
> look yourself:
> http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/GenealogyMWeb/marrsrch.html
>
> This 1900 address is a northwest side address.
> The 1920 address that you have is a southeast side address.
>
> By 1910 Euretta had died and Timothy had moved to Wisconsin with the
> three children and bought a farm.
> He was living in Bern town, Marathon County Wisconsin, district 72.
> Lula was a servant and Edward was working on the home farm as a laborer.
>
> I don't see Euretta in the Illinois death index, so I wonder if she
> died in Wisconsin?
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Nan

This thread: