From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] BURKE, GALLAGHER, DEXTER
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 01:04:39 -0500

Kelly,

Did you have this earlier info

The 1900 census had a Timothy and Euretta Burke living at 2322
Fullerton St in Chicago.
(West Town Cook County, Chicago Ward 28, District 848)
Euretta is not a common name, so this is probably your family.

They were married ten years and had three children, three living.

Edward T. born Oct 1890
Lula I. born Feb 1892
Clarence L. born Aug 1899

Timothy was a Painter Foreman, emigrated to the US abt 1864.

I don't see this couple in the Illinois Marriage Index but take a
look yourself:
http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/GenealogyMWeb/marrsrch.html

This 1900 address is a northwest side address.
The 1920 address that you have is a southeast side address.

By 1910 Euretta had died and Timothy had moved to Wisconsin with the
three children and bought a farm.
He was living in Bern town, Marathon County Wisconsin, district 72.
Lula was a servant and Edward was working on the home farm as a laborer.

I don't see Euretta in the Illinois death index, so I wonder if she
died in Wisconsin?

Hope this helps.

Nan