Subject: Holy Family Church
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:38:52 EDT

I have enjoyed the emails on Holy Family Church. I was there a few years
ago, after the renovations were complete, for a sacred concert. The
restoration was amazing!! After reading the last email to the list, I remembered a
brochure about the church and the restoration that I picked up when I was there.
Phillip Carboy is not mentioned, but among others, Oprah Winfrey was; she
donated $50,000 to renovate Damen Hall, the church basement used for community
programs. The Cuneo foundation made a donation which helped restore the
Chancel area and the high altar. The Richard Driehaus foundation enabled the
restoration of the east transept and the completion of the restoration of the
crossing and west transept.

The brochure also says that the parish was the birthplace of the Catholic
Order of Foresters in 1883.

Maureen N

This thread: