From: "Margaret Lloyd" <>
Subject: Lloyd, Tobin, McAndrew
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:29:47 +0800

Thank you so much for all the information, Nan, especially for the photo. It is really great to have a general idea of what houses were like in the neighbourhood.As you say, the style is attractive.
Here's a mystery. Like you, I read the 1900 census information for Ellen McAndrew as "Widowed", but in the 1910 census she and John McAndrews (i.e.with an 's') are living next to Margaret and Thomas Dunlavy.I had thought that the 1900 entry might have been "married" as it isn't very clear, but the information you found suggests otherwise.
The Tobin obituary is very interesting. They're not Ellen's immediate family, but they surely must be cousins, since they come from Doon too. No wonder there were so many Tobins in Holy Family parish! Ellen and Edward (and also William and Nora Tobin) seem to have been close to a John Tobin and also a Daniel Tobin, judging by the baptismal sponsors.
Unfortunately, the email you sent under the title "1870 Edw/Ellen Tobin in Chicago" won't download on my computer. It appears as a box with a cross in it.
Thanks for your kind offer to look up census information. I can access Ancestry.com via our library, but the 1930 census is the latest available. Are there more recent censuses available to the public?
Once again, thank you very much for all your help.

Margaret

This thread: