From: <>
Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] Death Certificate
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 14:52:36 -0500

Beth,

Margaret's maiden name was Brady (a solid brickwall on that family). Katie could have been her sister, yes. I will check that State Archive Database and see.

I will check the newspaper article from the Trib Archive also. Okay, okay, you are probably right about the doctor's office. I should know better than to argue with a woman, after having a four year-old granddaughter that knows everything. No, I am not equating you with a four-year old. I just ought to know better after a mother, five sisters, an ex-wife, a daughter, a wife, and six granddaughters. Please some more testosterone. Just kidding.

Catherine's cause of death was acute bronchitis and the contributing cause was cardiac failure. The duration was 8 days and 4 hours. There is no informant on the DC.

Catherine is buried at the Sag Cemetery. I understand that her headstone is no longer there. I am going there in a couple of weeks to take pictures of father, son and uncle - William Welch, William J. Walsh, and Michael Welch (all are on the same headstone). There has been a lot of vandalism at St. James - Sag Cemetery, according to my sister-in-law and her husband. They live in Lemont.

I am very familiar with Chicago streets and how they run. I drove a Checker cab in Chicago for a few months in my early years. In addition, I lived there for 50+ years before I moved to Peoria. Peoria is the exact opposite of Chicago, as afr as numbering goes - east side even, west side odd, north side odd, south side even. It is rather confusing. They also have diagonal streets (northeast to southwest) where the numbers do not coincide with the east west numbers. I have been here 3 years and I am just now getting used to their system.

I was looking at the aerial view of the lot on the Cook County Assessor's website. I could not tell what it was. I assumed with a big lot like that, it had to be an apartment complex.

Nan,

Ancestry is still blocking from accessing those documents you sent. Why? I don't know.

Bill