From: <>
Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] Death Certificate
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:16:09 -0500

Marti & listers,
I checked the Cook County Assessor's website, as you suggested. Here is what I found:
1501 S Pulaski Rd Chicago PIN: 16-23-122-001-0000
1503 S. Pulaski Chicago No records were returned.
It appears from the photo taken in 1999, that it is a parking lot with some sort of apartment complex down the street from the lot.
Many of the listers have suggested that the doctor lived next door. This could be, but seeing as how she was living with her son on 64th & Loomis prior to his death in 1902, I don't know that she would have moved. I doubt that her daughter-in-law, Margaret, would have kicked her out of the house after William died. Catherine died 7 years later. Margaret (Maggie) Walsh did not die until 1950.
Is there anyone with access to the 1909 directory that can tell me if Charles J. Ocasek, M.D. had his office at 1501 S. 40th Avenue? Also, can you tell if Catherine Welch lived at 1503 S. 40th Avenue?
Dave,
You are correct, the M.D. is printed on the form, so there is no need to write his credentials after his name.
Thanx,
Bill

This thread: