From: "barb yirka" <>
Subject: Hello
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 07:55:05 -0600

My name is Barb Yirka and I'm new to the lists. I've enoyed the posts I've been reading. I was born in Chicago in 1932 and lived in the area until I graduated from high school in 1950. My great grandparents were Michael and Bridget (McCarthy) Murphy. Both were from County Cork, but apparently didn't meet until they came over here in the 1850s. I have an LDS record that shows they were married in Cook County in 1859. Of course, I can't find any record of the marriage because of the Fire. They lived on Sedgwick Street at first--between North and Division Streets.. I've searched a couple of church records in what I think might have been their parish, but can't find anything there, either.

I'm looking forward to more interesting posts from the list.

Barb

This thread: