From: "Beth Walsh" <>
Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] Relict! ! ??
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 23:21:03 -0500

Yeah, wouldn't you just love to have been known as a relict? Sounds more
like an archaeological artifact. Actually it's an antiquated term, means
widow. I don't remember seeing it used in US papers too much though, but
have definitely seen it in Irish and English papers (old papers that is
pre-1900).

Beth