Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] Chicago's Irish Saloons
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 17:50:07 -0400

Thank you Cheryl for that information.
I called IRAD NEIU today and they informed me that they do indeed have "licenses for saloon" from 1907-1919. My Irish saloon search is for the 1890s. They gave me Cook County to talk to which led me to the Chicago library, which is where I am right now. There may be an Irish (West Garfield Park) business club or organization my grGrandfather may have been a member of to promote the saloon. Saloon keepers were quite social. Thanks again.