From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] 40th Avenue
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 00:34:21 -0500

Bill,

I think I am wrong about it being the10th ward.

The numbering system is different in 1900.
In other words, if you were at the first house south of 12th street
on Crawford, I would assume you were at 1201 or 1202 etc south Crawford.
But that's not the case. So 1503 south 40th Avenue would not
probably not be just north of 1600.
It probably would be some ways south of 16th street which might put
it in the 29th ward, I'm not sure.

I'm trying to figure out the numbering system for 1900.

Nan

This thread: