From: <>
Subject: 40th Avenue
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 21:25:31 -0500

Listers,

I just received my gr gr grandmother's, Catherine Welch, death certificate. It states that she died at 1503 S. 40th Avenue. She died 3 January 1909. I'm sure that was prior to the street name changes. Having lived in Chicago for 50+ years, I know that 4000 West is Pulaski/Crawford. Would this be the same as 40th Avenue?

She was buried at Sag Cemetery with her son, my gr grandfather, William Walsh. Is this the St. James Cemetery in Lemont? According to one website, this is where many of the workers that built the I&M Canal are buried. This may solve the mystery of the hamlet of Hastings, Illinois.

Bill Karr in Peoria, IL., USA

This thread: