From: "lbaker" <>
Subject: RE: [Irish in Chicago] RE: Following Family, McCarthys
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 20:01:20 -0400

Hi Dan,

No Nicholas in the family that I know of, just lots of John, Daniel, Denis &
Michaels. Do you know which McCarthy sept you are? Mine is supposed to be
Bawnie. They were from Bantry Co Cork. Supposedly they came over the
mountains from Co Kerry via Tousist. I suppose that is where they met up
with the Harringtons as that family is spread all over the Beara Peninsula.

By the way, you wouldn't happen to have a Bridget Hogan married to Thomas
Bourke around 1830 would you? Possibly in Kingstown Co Dublin.

Thanks,

Laurie