From: <>
Subject: Callan in Cook County census
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 02:14:38 GMT

Listers,

My cousin in England has a friend that is searching for her relations. She has asked me to help find him out of the various Chicago census (1900, 1910, 1920, 1930).

His name is Joseph Callon (Callan). He was 17 years-old when he arrived on the US shore on 18 April 1892 at Ellis Island. Joseph was born in Dundalk, County Louth, Ireland. A relative (Patrick & Mary Elizabeth Callan) came to the US to visit Joseph arriving in the US on 18 October 1909. However, they went back. Not sure, when they went back, though. They could have been counted in the 1910 census, maybe? Do they count foreigners visiting the US during a census?

Is there anyone with access to the census, that could help me , please? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Karr in Peoria, IL., USA

This thread: