From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Lynch Martin
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 04:49:56 -0500

JOHN LYNCH, farmer. P. O. Washington Heights, came to Cook County in
1844 and worked for Thomas Morgan seven years. He then bought a farm
in Section 17, Township 37, Range 14, where he has since lived. Mr.
Lynch was born in Ireland in April, 1825, coming to the United States
in 1842. In 1851 he married Miss Margaret Martin, a native of
Ireland. They have three children--John Eugene; Jane Mary, now Mrs.
John Kelley, of Washington Heights; and Margaret Agnes, now Mrs.
Joseph D. Heck. Mrs. Lynch died November 1, 1874. They are members of
the Catholic Church.

From History of "Washington Heights"

I'm not sure but I think Washington Heights was part of what is now
Beverly/Morgan Park on the South Side of Chicago.
I'm pretty sure the Thomas Morgan referred to is the original Morgan
family of Morgan Park.

Hope this helps someone.

This thread: