From: "Eileen Johnson" <>
Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] Irish Canal Workers: Book Recommendation
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:13:41 -0400

Kelly,

Does this book only cover the Connecticut area? I've been searching for
years for more information on my great-great grandfather, Thomas Dwyer
(Dewire, Dwire) who was a lockkeeper on the C&O Canal in Maryland between
1870-1883. The 1870 and 1880 Census show his place of birth as New York
about 1844. I wonder if his father came to the US to work on a Canal in the
New York area?

Eileen Beales Johnson