Subject: Englewood St. Martin's Parish
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 22:36:03 EDT

My FitzGibbon family (Patrick Francis FitzGibbon and Sarah Ryan FitzGibbon)
settled in Chicago's Englewood community in the late 1920's. My grandparents
had a grocery and butcher shop on the corner of 59th & Princeton across from
St. Martin's Church. My mom and her younger brother (Catherine and Patrick)
graduated from St. Martin's Grade School; both attended Englewood High School.
Mom graduated in 1941; her brother quit school before graduation to join the
Marines; he died in 1945 during the Iwo Jima Campaign at age 19.

Kathleen Richmond
Oak Forest IL

This thread: