From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] looking for Dacey
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 01:39:57 -0500

Kathy,

I found something in the 1860 census about which I am curious:

There is a Timothy "Dasy" with a daughter "Allace" in Chicago Ward 6.

What is the same or similar to your Timothy Dacey is:

first name Timothy is the same
Timothy is born in Ireland-same as your Timothy
Surname Dasy "sounds" exactly the same as your Dacey
daughter "Allace" 's name "sounds" exactly the same as your Alice
he is in Chicago a little while before a Timothy Dacey signs up for
the Civil War and that may be your Timothy?
This Allace's age is very close to your Alice's age. could be off by
6-12mos. That's common.

What is different is this Timothy is age 40, we think yours would be
abt 30 at this time.
This Timothy's wife is Ellen, not Ann.

What do you think?

How solid is your info on Ann's first name? Is it possible she was
Ellen Ann or Ann Ellen?

Curious.

Nan