From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] Another Posting Names
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 22:48:17 -0500

Kathy,

You said you knew that your Timothy Dacey was a deserter in the Civil
War.

The Illinois Civil War Detail REport has a Timothy Dacey that joined
on Aug 8, 1862
mustered in on Sept 15 and then deserted on Sept 21 1862.

http://www.ilsos.gov/genealogy/CivilWarController

This report says he signed up in CHICAGO, was 30 years old (b abt
1832) and was born in Ireland.
Report indicates he was married and a laborer.

Is this your Timothy Dacey?

Nan