Subject: Another Posting Names
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 16:30:44 EDT

I am still looking for information on TImothy Patrick Dacey who was in the
Chicago area by about 1850 and Ann Ryan. They had my great-grandmother in
1854, christened at St, Patrick's (?) in LaSalle. She was in an orphanage in
her teens and was hired out at about age 16 to a family. I can find her with
the family in 1870. Her name was Alice Lavinia Dacey. It seems that
orphanage records were destroyed in the Chicago fire. We can find out nothing about
her parents. I am not sure that they were married. I find a Dennis Ryan in
the census for Cook County and for some reason I'm inclined to think that was
Ann Ryan's brother, but no proof. I am wondering if she died either in
childbirth or soon after, but have no idea how to search for her death in the
1850s or early 60s. Timothy Dacey signed on for the Union Army, but turned
around and deserted quickly and that's the last heard of him. Alice married my
great-grandfather in Chicago when she was 17 and at some point moved to St.
Joseph, Missouri. As far as we know, she had no siblings.
If anyone has suggestions or information, I'd be very happy to hear as this
has been a stumbling block for many, many years.
Thanks in advance,
Kathy Wright

This thread: