From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] Visitation Parish south side
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 09:17:21 -0500

Thanks Kay.
By the way I meant to write to you recently and tell you what a great
website you have.
And for Mayo researchers especially. I really enjoyed it.
Congratulations.

Nan

LIsters: take a look at it if you haven't already: http://
www.mammoser.com/index.htm

And speaking of Co Mayo! There's a great play at the Irish American
Heritage Center next weekend:

A Wake in the West Comedy – April 7 & 8th 8:00 pm
IAHC Auditorium
> The Center is proud to host The St. Patrick’s Drama Group, from
> Westport, Co. Mayo, for a two-night run of its highly acclaimed
> production of A Wake in the West. The comedy takes place at a wake
> in a cottage on the shores of Clew Bay, Co. Mayo, in the early
> 1960s. But this wake is like no other with hilarious comedy created
> by those in attendance; even the “corpse” gets in on the comedy act
> with a “performance” that has to be seen to be believed.
A Wake In The West runs Friday and Saturday, April 7 and 8 at 8 pm.
Tickets are $15 for general admission and $10 for IAHC members and
seniors.
To purchase tickets, call the IAHC at 773-282-7035, ext. 10.

http://www.irishamhc.com/index.asp

On Apr 2, 2006, at 8:32 AM, KayB wrote:

> Dear Nan,
> I'm from Visitation or Vis as we call it. As you can see I am a
> Brennan but my family in Vis does not go back as far as your
> Brennans. You
> can get grade school and high school records from the Archdiocese.
> The
> parish is still open, but as a mission now. I don't know if they
> still hold
> the parish records there or if they are at the Archdiocese office
> also. See
> this link for information: http://archives.archchicago.org/
> location.htm
> If you have any questions about Vis I will try to answer.
>
> Kay
>
> Kathleen Brennan Mammoser
> Researching BRENNAN, BRETT,GALLAGHER & KENNEDY in CO MAYO>CHICAGO and
> BRENNAN in CO SLIGO>CHICAGO also MAMMOSER in Schoenenberg,
> FRANCE>CHICAGO
> http://www.mammoser.com

> http://www.ancestry.com/s13965/rd.ashx

This thread: